Sunday 2 February 2014

Feburary Blog Hop - Occasions

 
Welcome to the February Blog hop where the theme for this month is "Occasions". Of course, a project using the yummy goodies from the new Occasions catalogue. Suggested and also hosted by the teams leader Kylie Bertucci, its a great idea  to get us using the new product and get it out there for all to see. There are so many talented ladies that will be showcasing their talents and creativity with this project. I cant wit to see them all.

If you are following the hop, you should have just left stop # 11, the talented Deb Raymer
Stop #13 is the lovely Alex Trofimov.

Here's my project using the new product.
 
 

I stepped out of my comfort zone a little this time and decided to try something new, a "screen" card. Something I have never tried before I saw this recently on the net and had to give it a go. I saw it with an oriental theme and just adapted it to suit Occasions products. I had no instructions and completely made it up as I went. For my first try, I'm happy with the way it came out. The bonus is, it's easy to fold and put in an envelope. To keep it closed and secure I would wrap in co-ordinating ribbon.

I would like to send out a huge thank you to the very thoughtful and generous Crazy Crafter Angela Lorenz who was so kind to let me borrow her items to be able to participate in the project, as I haven't put in my Occasions order yet! Don't worry it will be very soon.
I used quite a few different products on this one. The only items I used out of the Occasions catalogue were the Happy Watercolour Stamp Set and the Watercolour Wonder Designer Series paper. I just love the paper, it's so pretty.
I used Crumb Cake card stock as the base for the "screen". Silver glimmer paper punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border aligns the top edge. I used half of the Decorative Label punch to punch the bottom of the screen, giving it the frame or the legs.
Originally I embossed the screen base with the Stripes Embossing Folder. However when it came time to adorn it with stamped images, I realised I had to do stamp the images on a flat surface, so I added panels of crumb cake card stock over the top. I used cotton white Staz On ink to stamp the image and my favourite punch, Elegant Butterfly to adorn the screen in several places .
I also got to use for the first time my newly acquired Lattice Bigz Die with silver glimmer paper to add an accent to the corner of this panel, just to break it up a bit. I love the colours in this paper pattern.
I thought the card only needed a small sentiment, so a small thank you, all from the same stamp set I used and a little bling in the corner finishes this panel without making it too busy,
The beauty with this card is that you can chose to leave a panel blank to write your sentiment or you get dress them all up and write your personal sentiment or message on the back.

I had fun making this one, even though it took me 3.5 hrs! and somewhat most of it in the dark by torch light, ah what a night it was. An unusual night was had in my craft room but I am happy with the outcome. I can see me making more of these, in different themes, and perfecting the measurements and technique.

I hope you enjoyed my project and are inspired to use the new Occasions products. As per usual my wish list is huge.

Below is the full blog hop line up, check them all out and feel free to leave your comments. We love to see you stop by.

Until next time...
Michelle

1. Sue Wdowik at Nigh Nigh Birdie
2. Carolina Evans at Studio Evans
3. Kate Benade at Stamping with Kate
4. Tamie Holt at Tamie Luvs Craft2
5. Teena Maher at Stamping with Teena
6. Barb Conroy at The Stamping Queen
7. Angela Lorenz at Angs Crafty Cards
8. Sarah Rae Oakes at Stampin' Up! with Sarah
9. Aroha Mills-Barlow at ScrapTasticMama
10. Kylie Bertucci at Crafty Kylie
11. Deb Raymer at DebzHouse
12. Michelle Mills at Hello Day Cards
13. Alex Trofimov at Pink Crafty Mama

11 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle this is the best I just love this one pick me to send it :) Just kidding so truly wonderful girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE this hunny!! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea love how different this is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card will definitely have that "wow!" factor this is an awesome card..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Michelle! Good on you for doing something different and with no tutorials either. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh how creative - so very cool and unique! Well done Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For someone who just winged it, I gotta say you did really well. I haven't seen the screen fold before so thank you for doing something a little different and sharing your creation. Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Michelle, and never a problem to send anything you need hunny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You have made my day!