Sunday 7 September 2014

Crazy Crafters September Blog Hop


Thank you for joining the Crazy Crafters September Blog Hop! We hope you enjoy your virtual tour as you hop through each of the ladies blogs, where you can get inspiration and ideas for your christmas projects.

This months theme... the "Holiday Catalogue". We get to show case some great ideas for your christmas cards this year with some of the new products from the newly released catalogue.

It's so hard to chose what products to use when there is a new catalogue out! Lets face it, there was a lot to chose from too. At least I already knew what the theme would be!

However I fell in love pretty quickly with the Wondrous Wreath Stamp Set. Firstly, it is Photopolymer which just makes life easier when stamping. Plus, its a layering stamp set and I love how you can layer the wreath. What makes the layering alignment easy is the alignment tabs on the stamps themselves. Then if that wasn't enough, this stamp set has coordinating Framelits as well!! Perfect.
SoI cracked open all the products from their packets and decided to CASE (copy and share everything) the card in the catalogue (page 9) made with these items.


I made mine a little differently to the one in the catty. I didn't stamp my green background, I wanted too see what the card looked like without it. I also used the Red Glimmer paper, another of my fave products and I hadn't had a chance to use it yet. I thought it would be perfect for the bow at the top and the Joy across the front. I also decided to dry emboss my white piece of background with the decorative dots embossing folder. Just so the card didn't look flat. I left the gold ribbon out as well. Only because I didn't want the card to look too busy and I was worried about getting it in an envelope.
This card was fun and easy to make. The ease of the coordinating stamp and framelits  made cutting so easy along with traditional christmas colours I didn't have to worry about the colour combo on this card. However I think the hardest part was deciding which shades of green to use! lol
Here is the Blog Hop lineup. Make sure you check them all out:
Blog Hop List Line Up

Rose Desmond at Stampin with Rosalie
Carolina Evans at Studio Evans
Michelle Mills at Hello Day Cards
Kylie Bertucci at Crafty Kylie
Sarah Chilby at Handmade Wombat
Nicole Spicer at Handmade by Nicole Spicer
Angela Lorenz at Ang's Crafty Cards
Sue Wdowik at Nigh Nigh Birdie
Tamie Holt at Tamie Luvs Craft

I hope you enjoyed my project and I look forward to next months hop.
Until then
Michelle
Hello Day Cards

Here is a list of items I used to make this project:

5 comments:

  1. Love it Michelle, haven't opened mine yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I will definately be CASEing this card when my order arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait to get this Bundle, looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Michelle, I love the red glimmer paper very striking

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You have made my day!